Sunday, May 3, 2009

What was going on during March and April

There was a lot of Music, Music, Music and very little shopping due to this crazy recession and the spring school semester worries......


During a visit for the promotion of his new album "New Jack City II" he stopped through WHBC Howard University Radio Station.

Mary Mary performing Easter Monday in VA at The Birchmere me and mom were able to take a quick pic before I had to prepare for the signing of posters and Cd's (I had to do my job LOL). Unbelievable performance!!!

Raphael Saadiq performing at the 9:30 club in DC. My first performance show while working as a Sony College Marketing Rep. It was great I had a ball!!! His cd "The Way I See It" is incredible, a must have!!!! ;)
Now for spender savvy style pampering:
Vision's Hair Studio Inc. is located in the chic heart of Adams Morgan in Washington DC. Not only can you get a great wash, deep condition, set, and blow out for a mere $45 with student discount. But you can also walk in at anytime between 10am-6pm without an appointment and be out in good timing (usually 3hrs).
There is a small alternative second hand clothing store located two doors down (can't remember the name sorry). They even sell accessories and music.
This coming month of May:
I will be visiting stores in Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Some stores that will be visited American Apparel, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and many many thrift stores, along with other interesting finds.
There will also be more concerts, and announcements of upcoming music.
Since school is out I will be traveling a lot more to other states for shopping and performances. Stay tuned because New York is like a second home for me during the summer months, and I have a planned trip to Chicago this summer.






2 comments:

  1. Check out Maxwell's new song and video "Pretty Wings"
    www.musze.com
    New album 'Black Summer's Night' in stores July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nipsey Hussel new music "Roll up the Windows"
    www.nipseyhussle.com
    http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=p6xEnjyYTWz8SXmOCZvBWGekelBmHS_F&UserName=Unknown

    ReplyDelete